Rum cocktails or soft drink while on sunny Dominican Republic
Rum is the national drink of the Dominican Republic and there are many types of the spirit available, ranging from light to dark and from sweet to dry. This type of alcohol is widely used in cocktails many of which local invention which gain popularity among bartenders from all over the world.
Although the Dominican rum cocktails are gaining fame, nothing can be compared to drinking them at bar on the Caribbean beach! If you wish to taste the Dominican cocktails and the local zest for life, apply for your DR e-Ticket today, pack your bags, and get familiar with the best local drinks.
Let’s srart with some of the most popular brands of rum in the Dominican Republic that include:
- Brugal: is one of the oldest and most respected rum brands in the Dominican Republic, with a history dating back to the late 19th century. Their rums are known for their smoothness and complexity, with flavors ranging from light and fruity to rich and full-bodied.
- Barcelo: is another popular rum brand in the Dominican Republic, with a range of rums aged from three to 30 years. Their rums are known for their balance of sweet and spicy flavors, with notes of vanilla, caramel, and oak.
- Ron Macorix: is a premium rum brand that uses only the finest Dominican sugarcane and is aged for up to 12 years. Their rums are known for their smoothness and complexity, with flavors ranging from light and fruity to rich and full-bodied.
- Bermudez: Bermudez is another popular rum brand in the Dominican Republic, with a range of rums aged from three to 12 years. Their rums are known for their rich, complex flavors, with notes of chocolate, coffee, and spice.
There are many other brands of rum available in the Dominican Republic, so be sure to try a few and find your favorite.
If you are not a Rum connoisseur and prefer not to drink it smooth or with ice, but rather enjoy it in a long drink, here are some popular cocktails to take inspiration from:
- Rum Drinks: As mentioned earlier, rum is the national drink of the Dominican Republic and there are many popular rum-based drinks, such as Cuba Libre (rum and cola) and Piña Colada (rum, pineapple juice, and coconut cream).
- Mamajuana: is a traditional Dominican drink made by steeping rum, red wine, and honey in a mix of tree bark, herbs, and spices. It is believed to have medicinal properties and is often served as a digestive or aphrodisiac.
- Morir Soñando: is a refreshing non-alcoholic drink made with orange juice, milk, and sugar. It translates to “to die dreaming” and is a popular drink for hot summer days.
Beer is quite popular as well, the most popular being Presidente, which is a light lager with a crisp, refreshing taste. Other local beer brands include Bohemia, Quisqueya, and Brahma.
Non Alcoholic drinks
- Batida: is a popular tropical drink made with rum, fruit juice, and sweetened condensed milk. It is often served with ice and garnished with fresh fruit.
- Soda: Soft drinks such as Coca-Cola, Pepsi, and Fanta are widely available in the Dominican Republic.
- Fresh Fruit Juices: The Dominican Republic is known for its wide variety of tropical fruits, and fresh fruit juices are a popular non-alcoholic drink option. Some popular flavors include mango, passionfruit, pineapple and guava.
- Coconut water: is a refreshing and hydrating drink that is popular in the Dominican Republic, where coconuts are plentiful.
- Coffee: The Dominican Republic is known for its high-quality coffee, and it is a popular drink among locals and visitors alike.
- Malta: is a non-alcoholic malt beverage that is popular in the Dominican Republic. It has a sweet and slightly bitter flavor and is often enjoyed with meals.
Overall, the Dominican Republic offers a wide variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to suit all tastes. Be sure to try some of the local specialties during your visit! Just like the beach bars in Cancun, those in the Dominican Republic offer top quality cocktails every tourist must try at least once during their vacation.